- Our School»
- Curriculum & Assessment»
- Foundation Subjects»
- Physical Education (PE) and Sport»
At the end of their time at Summerlea School, our vision is for children to:
- Have a secure understanding of the ABCs (agility, balance and co-ordination) and how these are fundamental within sport and physical activity.
- Leave our school with a broad sporting knowledge, which they have obtained in curriculum lessons and extra-curricular settings. This will also include the specific skills required to be able to play sports.
- Have the tools to begin to understand how engaging in Physical Education and Sport (PES) can benefit their mental and physical health as they develop throughout their lives.
- Support pupils to develop resilience, confidence and independence and lead a healthy and active lifestyle, helping them to know how to keep physically and mentally healthy.
The rationale behind the intent follows a review of previous subject delivery, inline with the National Curriculum, providing us the platform to offer a deeper and varied/tailor made curriculum for our pupils. We have made it specific to our environment and have begun to incorporate our intra/inter school competitions, so that during our PES development we continue to achieve targets, reflected in the School Games Mark and Quality Start Award respectively.