Welcome to the Summerlea CP School website
Please click here to complete our Parent/Carer satisfaction Survey.
How to observe an eclipse safely https://www.ras.org.uk/images/solar_eclipse_leaflet.pdf There is also a video that can be viewed at http://www.popastro.com/ which explains what to expect and how the eclipse can be safely viewed.
At Summerlea, the Governors and Staff strive to create a safe, caring and happy school where everybody is respected and valued. We all work together as one team to ensure that an inspiring learning environment is provided for our pupils.
We continually pursue high standards of academic achievement. We carefully monitor and track pupils' progress and use this information to personalise learning to meet individual needs. We nurture strong relationships with pupils and parents/carers, as these are essential to our children's wellbeing, safety and achievement.
Our Vision for Our Pupils
Through exciting and diverse opportunities we seek to create, well-rounded life-long learners who are:
- Skilled and confident communicators
- Sensitive, resourceful and resilient people
- Citizens of the future who are respectful and tolerant of all people
Our VALUES are known as 'The Summerlea Seven' and are:
Honesty, Equality, Aspiration, Respect, Resilience, Responsibility, Trust
(Three Rs - within 'HEART')
Our children are taught to:
- be Honest
- understand the importance of Equality and equal opportunities
- Aspire to the highest of standards by making the most of their talents and strengths
- Show Respect for themselves and their fellow pupils
- Build Trust in their relationships and friendships
'Growing thoughtful learners and independent thinkers'