Welcome to Summerlea Community Primary School
On behalf of the governors, staff and children, may I welcome you to our wonderful school. This website aims to give you helpful information about our aims, general organisation and curriculum and provides you with an insight into the excellent opportunities that are available at Summerlea School.
At Summerlea, the Governors and Staff strive to create a safe, caring and happy school where everybody is respected and valued. We all work together as one team to ensure that an inspiring curriculm is provided for our pupils within an exciting learning environment.
We continually pursue high standards of academic achievement, whilst also nurturing the development of the whole child. We carefully monitor and track pupils’ progress and use this information to personalise learning to meet the needs and interests of every child. Our strong relationships with pupils and parents/carers are essential to our children’s well-being and achievement.
We are extremely proud of our inclusive, nurturing and creative school. Please contact us to arrange a visit. Our tour guide team look forward to meeting you!
Headteacher - Mrs Helen Morris
Our vision, values and ethos
We encourage all children to be…
- successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- confident individuals who are able to live safe, happy, healthy and fulfilling lives
- responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society locally, nationally and globally
A community that…
- is values driven
- embraces change and challenge
- has exciting and inspiring environments
- is inclusive and nurturing
- communicates, collaborates and celebrates
- learns and grows together
- offers an engaging and active curriculum
- is child-centred and creative
Our VALUES are known as 'The Summerlea Seven' and are:
Respect, Resilience, Responsibility
(Three Rs within 'HEART').
Our children are taught to:
- Be Honest
- Understand the importance of Equality and equal opportunities
- Aspire to the highest of standards by making the most of their strengths, gifts and talents
- Show Respect for themselves and others
- Demonstrate Resilience when faced with challenges
- Take Responsibility for their behaviour
- Build Trust in their relationships and friendships